While shopping for a used commercial freezer, there are several key factors to take into consideration before you commit to purchase.
Some of my clients get wrapped up into the age of the unit. Though this is important, it is not as critical as the condition of the unit itself.
For example, we all have a grandparent with an old round top refrigerator that runs great — it just won’t die. They built freezers and coolers of days gone by much different from today’s. These “older” units are not nearly as efficient as the ones of today, and we have more options and features today. Plus, newer models are easier to use and maintain.
So what do we look for…and what are warning signs of a unit going bad? Some inside trade secrets and tips should help clarify the question:
1) Obviously it is important to ensure the unit runs and “pulls” temperature-gets cold! A thermometer is crucial here, and a digital thermometer is better yet. A digital thermometer shows temperature drops in tenths of a degree and is more accurate than traditional mercury filled thermometers. If you don’t have a digital thermometer (and why would the typical purchaser), then ask the salesman to borrow his.
2) Check the door gaskets. This is critical. A door gasket “seals” the unit and keeps the cold in. If you have a ripped or torn gasket, the unit will not be as efficient as they designed it to be. However, don’t allow a torn or ripped gasket to deter your purchase. A door gasket is fairly easy and inexpensive to replace. If the price for the unit is right, a gasket is an inexpensive and easy repair.
Pictured here are examples of non-sealing and ripped door gaskets…signs to look for when shopping for used equipment.
3) Is there water, oil, or other liquids on the floor underneath the unit? Without going into technical details, any fluid leaking from the unit typically is a bad sign. NOTE: all units do condensate and will therefore leak some water. This water is designed to be retained in an overflow pan at the base/bottom of the unit. This is common and ordinary and shouldn’t raise questions.
4) Inspect the cleanliness of the unit. If the unit is filthy, it shows how well it was maintained. A dirty unit will not last as long as a clean, well-maintained unit.
5) Check out the thermostat (if equipped). They design the thermostat to maintain temperature inside the cabinet, but it also tells the compressor when to run. If the thermostat is bad, it could prevent the unit from shutting off on temperature and can severely damage the compressor. How can you verify if the thermostat is good?
Go to: TROUBLESHOOTING
6) Do the lights work? NOTE: Most freezer lights will not come on until the unit gets to a certain temperature. Don’t panic or jump to conclusions when you first start a commercial grade freezer and the lights don’t come on. This is normal. If the lights do not come on there are several easy-to-look-for answers. First wait until the compressor shuts off, indicating the unit has reached the designed temperature. If the lights still do not work:
A) Check the bulbs. Keep in mind, in many units, if one bulb is bad, NONE of the lights will work.
B) Some units will have a “stater” which is an easy and inexpensive fix.
C) Most freezers have a ballast that runs the lights. If the ballast is bad, this can be an easy or very difficult to repair depending on its location and wiring. This is something an electrician or technician should deal with.
D) Another more technical reason for lights not working is lack of 110 voltage through the 220 voltage power source. Again, this will require an electrician or a certified / licensed technician.
See: UL insignia for further info and clarifications…
See: NSF approved for further info and clarifications…
There are many good brand name freezers in the industry today. We can assimilate preference to the auto industry in that ALL companies make similar models and ALL companies have good and bad models.
However, there are detailed differences which separates and defines the individual manufacturers.
Weidenfeller favors some manufacturers and has a list we recommend avoiding. Below, you will find the brand we recommend. The application and usage of a used commercial freezer is imperative in the decision of which freezer to purchase:
The Master Bilt freezer is the best freezer money can buy. Features of the Master Bilt include:
The True freezer is probably the most common and typical freezer used in the industry today.
The name TRUE as referenced to commercial refrigeration is likely the most common and most recognizable name in the industry. TRUE makes an outstanding freezer – always have and probably always will. With that said, TRUE has not upgraded their box or freezer at all and in my humble opinion is falling behind the competition. The TRUE has many nice features such as:
Keep in mind, each manufacturer has its flaws too. We do openly share any issues with clients as they prepare to make an educated purchase.
Please check out the Equipment we currently have in stock.
We always have many used commercial freezers in stock to choose from. If you do not see exactly what you are looking for, contact us for inquiries and requests.
Thank you for your great service. We struggled with our freezer not working correctly until you came and figured out we had a couple of issues that needed corrected with the unit. The unit is working fine now. Thank you.
We have been using Rick and his son from the Freezer Depot for several years now. They handle everything form our preventative maintenance, new and used equipment sales, to warranty work and repair work. Equipment never seems to fail at a “good” time and we have always had a quick response and work completed at a fair rate.
We purchased a used freezer from The Freezer Depot and was very happy with it. We did run into a few problems with it which Rick came out and addressed in a timely manner. After a couple of times Rick chose to replace it with a upgrade he had at his facility at no cost to us. We really appreciated the service and commitment from Rick to stand behind his product and resolve any open issues, thanks again.
Fast response time! Knowledgeable staff! Very professional and easy to work with! Cost effective! Weidenfeller Refrigeration has been my sole provider of service for the 4 industrial coolers and 1 industrial freezer on my blueberry farm for the last year. Always available at a moments notice and consistently shows up in my time of needs. Emergency after hours service was also available to me! They will take the time to explain the problem in a way anyone can understand, offer different solutions, and leave it to the customer on exactly how to handle it. Rick has even saved me money several times by maintaining several wear and tear parts rather than just replacing them. 5/5 would recommend to friends, family and other industry professionals.
Thank you for getting me the cooler. We had some really cold icy weather last week so fedx was unable to deliver Monday. I have it now in place and it looks good. Thank you for doing such a great job wrapping and palleting the cooler. I will try to send a picture with it filled with product. Thanks again
I have been doing business with this company for over 3 years. They service all of my coolers every 6 months or so to make sure they are working properly. I have bought 3 coolers over the years some new and some used. The level of service and promptness to service calls is top notch. Great family owned company to work with!
The Freezer Depot provided me a top of the line Master Bilt freezer in great condition at an amazing price. I saved thousands of dollars! Best of all, I was given excellent service and support. I’ll never buy a new freezer again!
Just wanted to say thanks for coming out to Ann Arbor to take care of the problem with our freezer. I took your invoice to the other company who had misdiagnosed it, and they gave a full refund of the charge for that day. (I’m still out their other fees for the Kelvinator that we traded in to you, but oh well.) In the future we will call a refrigeration tech in our area as you suggested, not heating/cooling. Thanks for the help and if you need any testimonials for your website we can provide one 🙂
We’ve worked with rick for years at UCOM and over that time he has been amazing. He is always prompt when we have issues and does great work. We highly recommend him and the Freezer Depot.
Rick provides personal service and timely repairs. I use a lot of refrigeration in my business and trust Rick to maintain it. He is fair and values the relationship side of the business as well. I have also purchased numerous freezers from him that have saved me thousands over buying new.